
Nate talks in our Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, June 14th. That evening we will hold an Open House from 6 to 9 at our home for everyone to come and visit with Nate before he leaves on his mission to Santiago, Chile. He will enter the MTC (Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah) on Weds, June 24th. He will spend 8 weeks there then he is off to serve the Lord in the country of Chile for 2 years. We are so proud of Nate. He is so ready and excited to go. I must say however that I'm feeling a bit like Hannah in the Bible. Always knowing and hoping this day would come, that my son would dedicate his life (2 years full time) to the Lord. But, all the while my heart is conflicted with feelings of pure joy that my son is worthy and willing to serve the Lord and feelings of concern "Did I teach him all that he needs to know?" and feelings of sadness that I will miss this darling son so much. I don't worry about Nate's safty or well being. I totally trust the Lord to take care of him as he serves his mission. Really, I'm more worried about me being able to let go and say goodbye.

2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Really, already? I'm sure it's a bittersweet moment. Sad he'll be away but what a blessing he is and an example to his brothers. Speaking of which, I saw a picture of Brigham on Nichole's blog and couldn't believe he was so old! In fact, Issac is nearly the age Brig was when we taught him in primary!
I would love to come out for a visit, though my dear dear friend just moved away from Utah, I still have so many friends there. I wanted to just drive, but Jimmy isn't convinced. And we all know how expensive flights are. Hopefully we'll get out there sometime in the next year or two! Maybe I'll have a third little cute baby by then. And if not, maybe I'll make the drive myself! 14 hours! If you are every out this way, we have a basement we are always willing to let your family stay in!
mom-you need to blog!!!
Post a Comment