Friday, February 19, 2010

Chinese New Year 2010




Happy Chinese New Year!!!
I did a Chinese New Year celebration/presentation in both Gracie and Isaac's Kindergarten classes today. Gracie wore her traditional clothing. Doesn't she look beautiful! I really should go get Gracie's photo taken in this beautiful outfit. She looks stunning.
The kindergarten classes are talking about different parts of the world. This week they were talking about Asia. We tried to eat with chopsticks, colored dragons, and learned a
few words in Mandrin. Also, everyone went home with a fortune cookie. Try to explain "fortune" to 5 and 6 year olds! It was fun and Gracie felt special.

3 comments:

The Fox Family said...

aww!! She looks sooo pretty! I thought you did get her pictures taken in this. She has pics. in her room..no? Glad the presenations went well. Your a good mommy. And im loving this blogging roll your on!

Bekah said...

Adorable! Evan was quite bummed I didn't have a "boy Chinese dress" for him this year! I'll have to look for something like that...maybe in blue.

By the way, can't quite believe you are going to be a grandma in a few months! But I know you'll be a great grandma.

Lauren Simpson said...

Cute! Gracie is one gorgeous girl!! I agree that you should get pictures done with her in that outfit! Adorable!