Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Looking back at Gracie


Here is the very solemn little girl we picked up on Aug. 8, 2006 in Taiwan. This is a photo taken within minutes of meeting her new mom and dad. She was so nervous and knew that something was up, but hadn't any idea what was really going to happen to her world.








Here is the Gracie Rose we have in our home now! She has been home for 21 months, almost 2 years! As I was combing her beautiful hair for church on Sunday, I couldn't help but reflect on what a hard 21 months it has been on all of us, but oh, how far we have all come. She is a happy well adjusted little girl. Oh, she still has her moments, but what 4 year old doesn't? Gracie's language is still coming, but we can understand most of what she says and it is getting clearer all the time. Gracie is starting to "pretend" play. She loves her dolly's and her little pet shop animals. She doesn't much like real animals. They scare her if they come close.
We our so blessed to have this little darling in our home. I hope that the Lord sends peace to her birth mother's heart to know that the baby girl she couldn't care for is in a family who loves her so much and is trying to provide her with a wonderful life.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

she is so beautiful! I am only sad we didn't get to see her but that one time.