I don't remember a Christmas without making a Gingerbread House. As a child our family would make one for us and one for our Great Grandmother, and usually one for our adopted Grandma, May Watanobe. The tradition continues with my kids. They LOVE this. even the boys get so into it. Now days they search the internet looking for new designs. Of course, I must approve the design. It cannot take weeks to construct! Nate usually comes up with his own design, this year he decided to use a pattern. He is a busy college student now. Nichole came and spent an afternoon helping to make the gingerbread, cutting out the peices, baking them. Then we let the peices sit a few days before we "glue gun" yes, we cheat, we glue the peiced together now. It keeps houses from collapsing while adding candy to them! Here are this years finished products. I no longer make one for myself. It is more fun to just help the kids do theirs. I'm also glad that my mom comes to help out during the night of construction. She keeps the frosting made and always has a good decorating idea to add.
13 years ago

1 comment:
I like Noah's the best! His is huge! But really, they all look great! I have always wanted to make a gingerbread house.
Post a Comment