



The Typhoon headed North and we just got a TON of rain throughthe night on Weds/Thurs. John was sleeping under the windowat the Feeling Hotel. We could hear the rain pounding on the windowall night, at one point I asked him if he was getting wet? Of course he wasn't, but wow it can rain! We were getting ready Thurs. morning to go to AIT (American Institute in Taiwan) and someone from AIT called and said that there was a problem with their system and we'd have to come on Friday morning to get Gracie's Visa. Of course, this worried me, but it gave us a free day, and the rain stopped. Grace seems very uncomforable in our Hotel room. I don't know if she remembers this room to be the first place we brought her to after we picked her up? Or if it is just a small room and she is 2 years old and bored, but she is very stiff and acts concerned inthis room. She warms up and loosens up when we are out in the city.Thursday we went to the Palace Museum in the morning, brough Gracie back to the room for a good long nap and then went out to the Night Market in the evening to try and find some gifts to take home. The Palace Museum is a nice place to see history through Chinese Art. We rented the English headset and that made is much more interesting. The gift shop is nice. The best part was the ride to the Palace. Wow, the country side is so beautiful.The Shihlin (sp?) Night Market was an experience. I think if it had just been us adults I would have been o'kay. It was sooo crowded and loud and hot that having Gracie with us and pushing a stroller, I was a nervous wreck. We did try a couple of food items from the food venders. The food was good, just no where to sit. We went to the Handicraft Mall today and LOVED the shopping there in the quiet, airconditioning. I know the prices were a bit higher, but really worth it to me and I found more of the traditional things I was looking for to take home. I got Gracie a beautiful Traditional Taiwanese outfit and I didn't see anything like that at the Night Market. We then when to AIT and quickly picked up Gracie's Visa!!! It felt soooo good to have that in my hand! We then spent an hour at China Airlines to re-issue Gracie a ticket in the correct spelling of her Taiwanese name. We had bought her a ticket before we left home because she is over 2, she needed her own seat and I wanted to be sure to have one. But, we have seen her name spelled about 4 different ways, so we had to guess as to which one would be on herVisa and we guessed wrong. China Airline was very helpful, but it took a while. We had bought a refundable ticket for her just in case this happened so there wasn't a fee to make this change. Then we spent the afternoon at the Zoo. It was extremely hot, but really, really a good time. Gracie loosened up so much and we got to see more of her fun personality. The Zoo is a really great zoo. We kept wetting ourselves down with water from the rest rooms to keep cool. Then just down the street at the Zoo Mall, a strip mall of sorts there is a Ponderosa SteakHouse which we were able to eat some o'kay American Food.Thanks to all for your kind words. We are very anxious to go home. I really think she will be able to relax there and play freely.
No comments:
Post a Comment