Sunday, July 25, 2010

Grandma in Virginia!












Here are some photo's of our little darling Lucy. Oh how I LOVED being a full time Grandma for 12 days in May. I flew out to VA. to help Nichole and Erik, little did I know what a tender mercy it would be for my soul to get to have this time with the Fox's. In May when Lucy was born we were in the middle of a move back in Utah. We had sold our home, yes we seem to like to move every 4 years, and we were moving into Grandma Jewkes home. (We are building an addition onto the home for a mom-in-law apartment for Grandma to have her own space, but we can be close and help more.) It was a blessing to sell our home in just 6 weeks, quicker than we thought, but with me planning to be gone to help at the Fox's we ended up moving half our home over to Grandma's before I left and the other half the week after I got back. I was kind of in a panic about being gone when it seemed I was needed so badly at home. But my great husband and wonderful mom and a couple of amazing neighbors helped at home to make it possible for me to be gone. While in VA. I got to hold a new baby, just sit still, relax, read, fix food for a family of 3, and more holding a new baby. It was so relaxing. I even got a couple of books read, the Conference Ensign read from cover to cover, and a blessing dress made for Lucy. It has been so long since I've done any of those things without major interuptions. Again I reminded to trust in the Lord and His timing. I thought this was terrible timing to have my first grandbaby born in the middle of this crazy time back at home, but it was perfect timing for me to relax and refresh my body, mind, and spirit. I cried and cried on the way home on the airplane. I'm sure the man next to me thought someone had died! I fell head over heels in love with my grandbaby it was hard to leave. What a sweet little spirit to join our family. Nichole and Erik are such cute parents. I left knowing Lucy was in good hands with 2 parents who absolutely adore her, the way it should be!





1 comment:

The Fox Family said...

aww! Thanks for coming mom! We couldn't have done it without ya!