The day after Thanksgiving we decided not to join in the "black Friday" shopping madness. (I must admit I have been found with the crowds of other crazy shoppers a few times in years past. I really don't like the stress of it all, but I like good deals. We are simplifying gift giving this year and there weren't any great deals that tempted me.) John and I went to the Temple early on Friday morning. We arrived early and sat in the Chapel listening to beautiful organ music for about 15 minutes before the session started. The organist stated to play a few Christmas hymns. Such a sweet spirit filled my heart as I felt the Holy Ghost testify to me of the Saviors birth and His mission on earth. I was so touched and thought what a wonderful way for me to start the Christmas Holiday Season, putting the focus on the Savior. I felt such peace. I couldn't help but contrast that with the stress and craziness I knew so many "shoppers" where feeling at that same moment. It really was an amazing morning for me. I think I may have to make it an annual tradition.
After our time at the Temple we came home, packed up the kids, some hot cocoa, and the 4-wheelers and headed to the cabin for an afternoon of sledding. The weather was beautiful. It was nearly 50 degree's at the Cabin! Yea, my kind of sledding weather. Our favorite big hill at the cabin is in the shade and had 4 or 5 inches of packed snow on it. The kids had a blast sledding down the hill, but they seemed to have the most fun being pulled back up the hill by dad on the 4-wheeler. We had cousin Jake with us. He is just a few months older than Noah.
Here are some photo's of the fun. We hope to make it back up to the Cabin for more sledding fun during the Christmas break.

2 comments:
Looks like fun! Hopefully we will have 50 degree weather when we come. ;)
Fun!! Looks like you guys had a riot!!
Post a Comment